Tiramisù is my favourite dessert – sweet, airy light and melts in your mouth. When my friends suggested to have an Italian-themed dinner party, I immediately volunteered to take care of the dessert. I found this really simple Italian recipe online which only uses 6 basic ingredients (I don’t like recipes that use more than 8 ingredients or use ingredients that cannot be found in my fridge/cupboard). Making tiramisù is so easy that it’s dangerous cuz that means I can now have it whenever I want to knowing how to make it myself!
Prep Time: 15 min
Yield: Serves 6-8 (depending on how big your serving is)
a regular cup of coffee (not metric cup, think coffee cup)
1. Beat mascarpone with sugar until creamy.
2. Add egg yolks one at a time to the mascarpone mixture.
3. Beat egg white to stiff peaks and incorporate it to the mascarpone mixture.
4. Quickly dip ladyfingers in the coffee and you can start layering: ladyfingers, cream, ladyfingers, cream, till you fill up your container. (I used Gü pots and they turned out really cute!)
5. Finish off by dusting it with cocoa powder. Voilà! Place it in the fridge to set and chill. Serve cold.
It was my first attempt at the recipe and my friends loved it. Nothing can go wrong really. I made parfait with the leftover ladyfingers, yogurt, fresh fruits and granola – they taste as good!